The Dev Jewel Conflict-Free Diamond Policy
Dev Jewel, along with the global diamond industry, has a zero-tolerance policy toward conflict diamonds. Through measures such as the Kimberley Process, which tracks diamonds from mine to market, the industry in partnership with the United Nations, governments, and non-governmental organizations, polices diamond exports to prevent the trade of illegal diamonds. At Dev Jewel, we only purchase rough diamonds through the largest and most respected suppliers who, like us, proudly adhere to and enforce the standards established by the Kimberley Process. All Dev Jewel diamonds are warranted to be conflict free. If one of our suppliers was ever found to be in violation of that process, we would immediately sever that relationship. We will continue to support and promote any process that works to uphold legitimacy in the diamond trade. Diamonds are mined throughout the world, including major mines in Australia, Africa, Russia and Canada. Diamonds are a major source of good in many African nations, employing and providing healthcare to thousands. For more information on this issue, please visit DiamondFacts.org.
About the Kimberley Process
Concerning Zimbabwe Diamonds
The Dev Jewel Position on Responsible Mining
Across our business, Dev Jewel observes the highest ethical standards. We insist our business partners do the same. This extends to our gold sourcing. The issue of responsible mining is an important one and deserves our attention. As a signatory of The Golden Rules, and as a first step, we will:
- Work to ensure that our gold and metals come from suppliers that meet the highest human rights, social, and environmental criteria.
- Engage suppliers to influence the sourcing of gold products.
- Research mining, refinement, and manufacturing practices of gold that moves through the supply chain.
- Give preference to suppliers that source gold from mines that observe high standards of environmental stewardship.
- In concert with our suppliers, commit to increased gold sourcing from recycled and secondary sources.
- Measure and establish benchmarks with a goal of continuous improvement.
Dev Jewel views its policy on responsible mining as an evolving standard. It commits to continuously review our position with the goal of expanding it over time to have the broadest possible impact.